Quite a few online wine sellers came up with sales items on Sunday, probably as part of end of the month sales.
But the best sale of all is also the biggest as www.wine.com focused its sale on wines under $20 that were rated 90+
Of the 1,032 wines listed, quite a few are deeply discounted, but most are no big deal.
But we found five red wines that should be snapped up by bargain hunters before the sale ends.
- 2011 Montecillo Rioja Reserva ($12.99)
- 2013 Merlot H3Columbia Crest, (9.98)
- 2013 Petite Sirah, Shannon Ridge High Elevation, ($13.99)
- 2015 Nozzole Chianti Classico Riserva ($19.99)
- 2015 Pinot Noir, Scott Family, Arroyo Seco ($19.99)
The Pinot is offered at 50% below retail. The others are also super values.
For an analysis of the fallacies of the 90+ scoring system, see the discussion at